- Group Life, Disability & Funeral cover
- Affordable premiums
- No commission charges
- Guaranteed cover with no medicals
You can offer your employees so much more, for less than you expect.
Group Life and Disability Cover is the most valuable contribution an organisation can make to their employees. It provides the peace of mind that should they die or become disabled, their families will be financially secure.
Zestlife Group Life, Disability and Funeral Cover offers:
- Life cover of 1,2,3,4 or 5 times each employees’ annual salary amount.
- Disability cover of 1,2,3,4 or 5 times each employees’ annual salary amount.
- Funeral cover up to R60 000 for employees and their families.
- Guaranteed cover for groups of 10 or more employees under the age of 65.
- No blood tests or medicals.
- No commission charges.
- Immediate online quotes.
The group insurance benefit is a lump sum payment to your employees in the event of their death or disability. A choice of insurance benefit levels of 1 to 5 times for each of your employees’ annual gross salaries is available. The life and disability insurance benefits are subject to a maximum of R1 500 000 per employee.
Funeral cover is an additional benefit offered. A choice of R10 000 to R60 000 cover is available and will be payable in advance of the death benefit amount. Cover for this benefit can be taken out on the lives of your employees only, or also on the lives of their family members. Family funeral cover includes cover for your employees’ spouse and children up to age 21.
There is a minimum group size of 10 employees and the same life, disability and funeral benefit levels must be selected for all employees of your business or a division/s of your business.
Guaranteed Cover and Continuation
All your fulltime employees under the age of 65 are guaranteed cover without medicals or blood tests. Should an employee leave your organisation, they have the option to continue the cover provided under the policy with minimal additional underwriting.
Convenient Quotes and Activation
Just click on the button below and follow the 3 easy steps to receive an immediate obligation free quote NOW.
If you require any support or would prefer us to prepare a quote for you there will always be someone available to assist you by phone, live chat or via email.
Frequently Asked Questions
Group Life Cover is underwritten by Guardrisk Life Limited. FSP number 76.
There is no general waiting period and cover will commence immediately. However, claims that arise in the first 12 months as a result of an employees’ pre-existing health condition will not be covered.
There is a pre-existing condition exclusion that excludes claims that occur within 12 months of the policy being taken out that are related directly or indirectly to an employees’ pre-existing health condition.
As is the case with all insurance there are certain standard exclusions, which help keep the premiums affordable. For example no claims will be payable that result from:
- War (whether war has been declared or not), invasions, hostilities or civil war.
- Acts of terrorism.
- The insured person being under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, unless such drugs have been prescribed and taken in accordance with the instructions of a medical doctor.
- Suicide or attempted suicide within the first 12 months of the employee being covered by this policy.
- Participation in any criminal activity, strikes, riots and civil commotion.
- Refusing medical treatment where such treatment will improve the disability or illness resulting in disability.
- Nuclear, biological or chemical weapons, or any radioactive contamination.
Premiums are subject to annual review with revised premiums effective from 1 May in the years following the commencement of cover.
An employee’s cover ends on:
- the last day of the month in which an employee turns 70 in respect to death and funeral benefits
- the last day of the month in which an employee turns 65 in respect to disability benefit
- your cancellation of the policy
- cessation of payment of premiums
- an employees’ last day of fulltime employment
You may also be interested in:
Road Accident Cover – This cost effective insurance pays out a lump sum to the policyholder in the event of injury to the policyholder or a member of the policyholder’s immediate family.